Saturday, March 29, 2014

A New Blog

Can you believe it...a new blog on "Networking Jones Genealogy".  One theme is of course DNA and those with the JONES surname.   It's goal is help provide a location for those who share an interest in this topic (subject) along with a number of other subjects that are important in this tree climbing thing called genealogy.  You can check this blog at:

     http://tjgnjg.blogspot.com for a statement of goals and the purpose of the blog.

If you have an interest in any of the themes, please let your self join in the networking with others who share this terminal illness.  Networking Jones Genealogy is the name.

7 comments:

  1. Just getting started in my search. My 23andMe results show R1b1b21a2f on my paternal Jones side. I have traced back to a Benjamin Jones born in Wales in 1749. He had a son, also called Benjamin and appears to have moved to Baltimore, MD but not sure of the timing. Any other information out there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what part of Wales Benjamin was born?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have that information. He married Honor Kelly, but that's all the background I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a date and/or location of their marriage? What religious group?

      Delete
    2. What did your DNA haplogroup and haplotype?

      Delete
  4. I would be interested in communicating with anyone who could help me trace my 2nd great grandfather Robert Wiley Jones born around 1838 in Georgia. He's been a brick wall for many years. I have tested at ftdna, 23andme, and ancestry to see if dna can help solve his ancestry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What haplogroup/haplotype did your DNA show? Have you tried to use blog "The Brick Wall Protocol"?

    ReplyDelete